Friday, January 10, 2014

Real Romance

    Sadly heartbreak is a phenomenon you can't escape no matter your denomination, social status, or race. It's something I'm all too familiar with like a lot of people are. We all know heartbreak is inevitable. You can be 23 and you could have never had your first kiss and you still can say you have gone through some sort of heartbreak. Perhaps your dreams were crushed, your daughter or son passed away, you lost your job, or you are going through a divorce. Whatever it is that makes it hard to go to sleep at night and get out of bed in the morning is what I would define as a heartbreak.

    Maybe you think your life is perfect and you are just living young, wild, and free. The reality however, is that we all need Jesus whether life is a roller coaster or a smooth ride. Asking Jesus into our hearts and consistently examining whether we're really saved or not is so very important. This will be a more perfect parallel for those of you who are married or in a relationship, but still extremely important for those of you who aren't. Do you love Him? If you said yes then I am assuming that you are praying and communicating with Him. I am assuming you are spending time getting to know Him more through reading your Bible. Here is a verse that has been deeply treasured in my heart this last week: 1 John 4:18 - "There is no fear in love, but perfect loves casts out fear."

    The rest of what I have to say to you today is short, but powerful. Really ponder this one, precious children of God.



    God has been growing me in the area of my relationships lately. I can't remember a time where I went into a relationship being friends first except for once way back when. I rushed and was rushed. This caused a lot of fear in my heart. I was in these relationships physically, but not wholeheartedly because of this. I spent most of my time in fear than in love, but with Jesus this is impossible to even do. He's patient with us. He's perfect. He has the ability to cast out that fear. The depth of confidence in the Lord results in commitment. The height of trust in the Lord leads to perseverance in all circumstance. What a beautiful picture this is. He waits for you and in that period of time you can see all the other wonderful characteristics of God. It is faithfulness that casts out fear for love is faithful. Are you faithful to Him? Do you love Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment