Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Religious Versus Jesus

Religious Versus Jesus

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

It's funny how "Christians" call you super religious
 Just because your life is so focused on Jesus.
 You see, I lost everything that I thought was important to me,
Yet I gained so much more walking into that mysterious door.
 It made me realize that this life ain't truly worth living
 If I'm sitting around thinking 
About my selfish reasons for sinning...
And it ain't truly freedom if I'm still not changed,
 Yet I'm allowing myself to be chained..to sin.
 Really seriously now, ponder what I'm saying.
 What's the point of life if I ain't livin?
 You see, I'm actually glad that I lost everything because now there's nothing in between...
Him and me. 
Nothing holding me back. 
Nothing getting me off track. 
So if this is the definitive for religious and legalistic..
Then your superlatives are wrong,
 Cuz homie, your definitions should be strong.
 I promote being logical, lyrical, and original.
 I don't promote being...
 Heretical
 And a foundation ain't conditioned if it's shaky
And honey, if that's your definition then your definitions are definitely gettin quaky.



No comments:

Post a Comment