Friday, May 4, 2012

Religious? Naww.

    Other people are so busy for attacking others for their beliefs. All you Christians don't be like that. We're often the victims of scrutiny, but sometimes we're the ones to scrutinize them for their sin when we know we sin to. Yeah, you are human, but they call us hypocrites because we don't do what we preach. Hey, I'm not saying they're right all the time, but are you really striving to do your best? If not forget it. I have been there time and time again. I'm done with that, sick of this. Will I still make mistakes? Heck yeah, I'm human and so will you. We all do. My thought for today? - Stop trying to act more religious when you're supposed to be trying to act more like Jesus. I'm so sick of this legalism trash. It drives people away. They don't care. They hear all these rules up in the church and they're thinking, "Pft, screw that. My life looks fun out of here with all of this." We don't start by attacking their lifestyles?

    I mean really guys. You attack the things people do with their lives and automatically they're going to tune you out. You be the example. You show them what love is, HIS love. Don't give them a reason to call you a hypocrite. Live to love. We know that they're going to throw stones at any chance they get, guaranteed. Let's stop getting defensive. They're right and if they're going to throw stones then take them with constructive criticism. Build something with it. They know we're not perfect and we make mistakes and they'll use it as an excuse. If they seek the truth they'll accept it. If they accept it they'll do their best to follow it. No need to shove it down anyones throat. It's their lives. It's their own choice. We're not responsible for their choosings. Believe me, I've been there.

    I saw it as a challenge and I learned I can't change anybody, but I can be the reason for someone to change. God is the only one with the power to change someone's heart. We need to put it in His hands and learn we're not in control. I'm glad I finally learned that because I learned the more you try to change someone even if your intentions are perfectly justified the more it's going to hurt you. Don't let people like that bring you down. They're judging doesn't matter because in the end you know who is going to judge them and lastly, forgive them. I know this was a short post, but I HAD to get this one out soon because as you can tell I'm passionate about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment