Sunday, May 13, 2012

Loyalty

Just wrote this poem about a month ago. I like to express myself through poetry so I thought I'd share some more recent ones with you all.



Loyalty

By: Elaina Grace Morgan
I’m loyal, but I'm so sick of my heart being foiled,
From all the plans that you've coiled,
That's why I have left before my heart becomes the victim of theft.
This hurt can only wash out as easily as the dirt in your mouth.
My heart screams and shouts, no doubt.
You don’t care.
You’re blinded from everyone around you.
You’re too busy looking in the mirror.
You scheme to take every breath I drew.
Maybe take a stab at my heart or two.
The only person you care about is yourself, your health, your wealth.
Now I know the reason for your stealth.
I’m done with those lies.
I have no need to ask why
Because no reason’s sufficient
For why your love’s deficient of what anybody needs,
These lies keep growing like weeds.
Indeed, I should be done with you.
Who cares if I love you?
I deserve someone who loves me
And the only way to be free from you is to leave you be.

No comments:

Post a Comment