Friday, June 28, 2013

The Rock

The Rock

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


He is mighty to save this slave to sin.
Out of the love displayed hope started running deep from within.
Oh how I long to be a servant of Him.
Let me tell you it was a dreadful day.
I sought shelter against the wall in a helpless way..
With nowhere to run.

Then a bold, gentle voice decided to speak up.
"Those without sin cast the first stone,"
He spoke.
I was curled on the floor of the earth..
Covered in dirt
When I heard the rocks drop.

One by one.
THUD. THUD. THUD.
I glanced up
And saw His hand stretched out.
"Go and sin no more,"
He exclaimed in a non-judgmental way.

He gave me grace.
 Now how could I let the rocks cry out..in my place!?
The only one..who had a right to throw those stones
Gave me grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment