Friday, July 5, 2013

Death To Religion

Death To Religion

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


Guys starin'
Life's barren.
Looking for strong arms to do my carryin'.
My world's a dirty turn key.
Come in and out as you please.
Please!
Are you kidding me?
I'll play your games not because I'm lookin' for love.
I'm lookin' for fun.
I know better.
I'm just caught up with what's underneath that sweater.

Truth is I got so sick and tired of poppin' pills.
Wanted to forget how I feel.
I was always real,
An open book for those who even cared to take a look.
I was hooked.
Yeah, daddy's a pastor,
But I ain't got green pastures.
Mama told me I was mental.
Church folks were judgmental.
All I needed was somebody to be gentle.

Well I was not born this way.
Other people tryin' to make me think I had gone crazy.
Sick of hearin' so I'd be blarin' Jay-Z.
To numb myself from right and wrong.
Destroyed and broken with no home.
All I wanted was a place to call my home.

Fast forward..
Moving towards
The one day that year where I spoke the only prayer I prayed.
"God help me."
Well He answered in a different way.
If you know me now
I've come a long way from then.
I believe in Jesus and it wasn't because of them.
I've gone onto eternal life 
'Cause I died to my flesh
Instead of living for my flesh
To reach eternal death.

No comments:

Post a Comment