Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Image of Transparency

The Image of Transparency

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

You all up on here carin' about your image like Cain
While I'm just doing damage with the transparency of what I say.
I ain't perfect.
I make mistakes.
But you just on here tryin' to imitate..
The world
With the words you spill 
And the poison you hurl on Saturday nights.

That's what I used to be like
But now on Sunday mornings I learn to be like,
Love like Christ
Instead of loving like those one stand nights.
I'm new.
Let me tell you
It wasn't worth it when the night was through.
Love with no attachments led to other people's misjudgments about me.

Slut, hoe, whore.
Well with that night I thought I won..
The heart of the man who I adored 
In place of the innocent lamb who I ignored..
Swapped..
For a man in a mask,
A man who played around like it was an important task.
Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.
Had another and didn't love her.

Spiritual maturity like a nursery rhyme,
Recognized, realized, and brought into the light.
I was confused.
Heard so many "God bless you's."
Which "god" are you talking about!?
For the first time in my life I started to doubt
What I really knew -
The truth.
Yet the one and only God pulled me out.
I was blind, but now I can see
The ugliness of deceit.

Let this be a lesson.
Not of defeat,
But of victory and freedom..
Because He was watching over me.
Protected by the blood..
From
Wolves in sheep masks.
Always declare, "Let there be light" and ask..
For discernment,
What a beautiful, beautiful adornment.


No comments:

Post a Comment