Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Reality of Innocence

The Reality of Innocence

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

Murder capital.
Sin city.
This was around when I was 
Twenty. 
Ha.
Arrested in Flint for a crime I didn't commit -
At least this time..
 A crime..that I didn't commit.
So much injustice..
In a city of violence
This time..
I was innocent.
Later my case was dismissed.
But I want to tell you about the experience.

Betrayed.
By somebody who was supposed to love me.
But all I could think of was that
Some of these prisoners were more free
Than the people you see..
Walking on the streets.
Some of the police..
Were missing their hearts
While some of these prisoners had missing body parts.
And when I say they were missing their hearts
What I really meant was..
 That their hearts were brutally dark.

Mocked.
By men in uniforms
And I surely..don't mean
Orange..ones.
But by men and women with badges that they supposedly..earned.
Who were still given grace if they could only learn..
To accept it..
And to stop rejecting it.
If they could only learn to see..
That they were no better than anybody.

In cuffs
While I was waiting to see the judge
All I could think of was the man hanging up on the cross -
Jesus.
He was betrayed by the people he walked among..
The very people that he still died for..
To love.
The ONLY innocent man who was hung upon a tree
Gave me peace.

You are my child - protected by the blood.
All things I have worked together for your own good.
You are called according to my purpose and you've got to
Forget those who are still being remorseless.
Forgive and forget the pompous.
Move on because you deserve..
Love.
Move on..
Because I have something greater.
Someone who is faithful.
Not only..
Faithful..
To you, but faithful..
To me.


No comments:

Post a Comment