Monday, March 5, 2012

Redeemer

Redeemer

By: Elaina Morgan


I need to stop putting off the change that must take place
Because with that I'll never win this race.
It's time to face all the things I should be,
I'm going to redo so redeem me.
I won't let them tell me who I am
Because I know I've been saved by the blood of the Lamb.
They say, "You're this, you're that."
But only He knows where my heart's at.

I know my own strength's too trite.
So I'm giving it all to my Jesus Christ.
Heart's contrite.
I know what's right, 
But they keep knocking at my door.
Walk right in and knock me to the cold hard floor.
There's a constant war raging inside.
Battling with myself to fight against all of my pride, suicide.
Tried to kill my flesh,
But I can only do it with His help, no less.
Hitting refresh.
I'm giving it back to You
Because it's all I can do.
Sick of doing what I do, it's true.
The old is gone.
The new has come because I'm done.
I've had my "fun."
I know I was sending myself to the grave.
So glad Your Son came to save,
Pave the way.
My way: foolishness and fatutity.
Sinful ways just grew with me.
It was just losing me, abusing me.
Not healthy.
Lord, help me.

My life's not mine.
It's Yours.
I'm not fine and I can't take it anymore.
Hold me up because my heart's too sore.
All I'm yearning for is more.
I'm only the renter of this body,
But you're at the center of this body.
You have saved this very soul,
But I'm full of guilt.


I'm like torn pieces from a quilt,
A flower wilted in the wind because I've sinned.
Yet you pick me up so tenderly.
You walk ahead of me.
Today's inception of Your redemption.



No comments:

Post a Comment