Saturday, July 28, 2012

Covered By The Blood

Covered By The Blood

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

Pitter patter of the rain on my window
Reminding me of the weight lifted off of my shoulders,
He is the holder of my heart.
How Great Thou Art.
The sound of the rain
Reminding me of the heart He made whole,
That very hole in this heart once void,
That very heart that was once destroyed,
toyed, and messed with.
He was the one who did best with it.
As I sit here under this window pane
Reminding me of the pain I felt and
dealt with I'm overjoyed with knowing
I've been covered by the Blood of the Lamb.
No longer damned to the outside world
or that very corner I had once sat,
 Curled up.
He forgave my mess ups.
I will worship that
I've been covered by the Blood of the Lamb.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment