Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Jesus

My Jesus

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


People ask me if I've ever been in love,
I tell them I'm in love with a man who bears scars on His hands.
I tell them that the life He lived was anything but bland
He healed the sick,
Always knew when the Pharisees tried to trick Him.

He used discretion, redirected them with questions.
He gave sight to the blind,
Turned water into wine.
I imagine His eyes shined with grace.
His face glowed with love to those who were the lowest,
Those who were at their weakest
And yet He still managed to be the meekest of them all
Calling the least of these.

He makes me weak at the knees.
And it's impossible for me not to fall on my knees in prayer.
Because I want to see Him in me when I look into the mirror.
He's always been true to me encouraging purity.
Spoke against promiscuity to encourage me to be holy.
In Him I find security.
No man will ever love me as much as He.

He tells me that I am worth so much, so precious
He sweeps my hair behind my ear and
Touches my heart with kindness.
He called me His beloved,
the example of true love.
Broke all the lies saying that I was unloved.
Love advantageous
All from a man named Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment