Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Creation

New Creation

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

They'd call me little miss goody two shoes.
Little did they know I was wearing two shoes
Pulling me in separate directions,
One, the way of correction, protection
The other a way of defection.

When did the ways of the fool ever become cool?
When did this get to me, a duet consisting of sin and me?
I ignored the debt that was paid for me.
I let them push me, peer pressured and they used me.
Those ways never pleased me, appeased me, freed me.

Those were the ways of the men that chained me up.
They always gave me an empty cup,
Never fulfilled my thirst.
I was cursed.
Yet in His grace I had been immersed.
Through Him I have found freedom
By what I have become in Him.

I am saved by grace,
The old has been replaced
Through faith.
I am a new creation.
He has lifted my burden.
He has ended this famine.
He has given me joy to spread to all nations.
Through only Him I am a new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment