Monday, August 20, 2012

Dead To Sin

Dead To Sin

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


Here's my story;
A heart so filled with worry.
Riding dirty every day 
Whether sunny or dreary,
Flickin' that middle finger up in a hurry.
Learning gas pedal to the metal
Never earned us a gold medal.
I was running backwards

Trippin' on my vico,
Doing psycho.
I never got caught by the po po.
Yet I felt so low
Only focusing on my dough 
And why those guys wanted to hurt me.
Little did I know;
God could make me worthy.
No, I ain't talkin' for them.
The man I'm talkin' about was Him.

But with Jesus faith is a must.
Faith like a mustard seed says the Bible I read,
Freed,
'Cause before I was in the wrong race.
Back it up before I pop you.
Give me my space.
Clenchin' fists,
Throwin' hits till someone,
 Make me walk away.
After all these years
I got to the right place.
Finally in the running of a true race.

Watchin' for the boss and
When He's coming back.
Believin' He give me everythin'
I need and lack.
Havin' one foot in
Will just keep me stumblin' back.
Then He'd rather have me just step back.
Not 'cause He doesn't want me.
You see it's if I want Him.
He wants me getting brighter, not growin' dim.
Advancin' the kingdom by sharin' Him.
But I ain't here to try to persuade you
Or to try and sway you away with whim.

No, this is serious.
God brought me joy,
Delirious
'Cause I found His
Love so intoxicatin'
And now you find me lovin' the ones who hurt me,
Yeah, the ones who are hatin'.
I'm just statin',
I ain't baitin'.

But nothing's gonna shut me up from speakin' the truth.
'Cause I used to be datin' sin.
Now I'm waitin' like Ruth.
I'm gonna show Him
I'm a Proverbs 31 woman 
And I ain't foolin' with this sin.
That's 'cause Christ died on the cross for all of them.
I'll continue livin' right,
Walkin' by faith and not by sight
Till I die.
Why?
Like I said it was for my sins that He died.
Now He lives again and I glorify.
I ain't livin' high on those pills
All 'cause after Christ I found what was real.

No comments:

Post a Comment