Saturday, April 14, 2012

His Gift To Me


    I want to start out by saying that the only time I am blessed with the ability to write poems is when I am in tune with God. I have never been able to start or finish a poem without doing well with Him. I feel this is His gift for me, a gift where I can express my love, hope, and peace in God.



Mercy

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


You delivered me from the flame
which burnt me down to nothing.
You sheltered me from the rain
to make me into something.
You have taken me in,
Forgiven me again .
You wiped away my sorrow.
Gave me a hope for tomorrow.
Love overwhelming.
You picked me up and wiped my tears
when I could not stand it any longer.
You helped me understand a righteous fear and
in my weakness I was only made stronger.
With your Word you have fed me truth.
Changed me from old to new
giving me wisdom in my youth.
You have changed my world view
from something so meaningless
to something so worthy of it.
Love acquiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment