Saturday, April 14, 2012

One Thousand Miles

(Starting to transfer things from my old blog into this one so I can focus on one. These may be new to you however so feel free to read:))

One Thousand Miles 

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


I’ll show you Him
Whose love is true
Take my hand 
I’ll walk you through
Across this land of darkness
Scared me into a thousand miles
I’m scared for you 
Of what you’ll choose
Life defined or love divine
Will you gravitate back to the world
Back to that corner where you were curled
Will you journey with me a thousand miles
To love unconditional, grace indescribable
I know the chance of pain in my heart 
Can’t overcome the chance of freedom in yours
It’s worth the chance of mine breaking apart
For I know that there’s healing 
After those numb feelings
Free from our chains
He gives us a fresh start
He overcame the pain and
Puts back all the pieces torn apart
Will you follow through
This choice is yours
Life defined or love divine
It’s a breakthrough
Sacrifice and lose it all
Rewarded later for giving it your all
Put the habits of the past in the past
Your future’s determined by the present
This joy He gives outlasts all the worldly happiness
Its comes down to you
Will you step over that aching fear
Is there a deep desire burning behind those tears
To know the one who is true
This choice is up to you

No comments:

Post a Comment