Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Forgiveness Like A Crown

Forgiveness Like A Crown

By: Elaina Grace Morgan


I know that I have forgiven
When the tightness in my chest loosens
And the substance of my heart softens..
Towards that person.

I know that I have forgiven
When I realize that we're all human
No matter how wicked
And when forgiveness..does not mean revenge
But me leaving them in my Father's hands
To avenge
And that my hand..
Will not touch them.
So that I don't sow discord among the brethren.

I know that I've forgiven
When I realize my own flaws 
And disobedience to the law of holiness,
When I realize that I'm a mess
And I need Him to desperately heal my brokenness,
And reteach me about what trust is.

I know that I've forgiven
When I learn that I am worth it,
Repentance,
Forgiveness..
Like a crown.
Drown me now
In Your grace.
Come, let Your love abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment