Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Power of Prayer

    I'm just getting back into praying because if I were honest with you all then I would let you know that I am exiting a season of disobeying and into a season of communicating. I've been in and out of this habit of prayer a few times in my spiritual walk with God and I cannot say that when I was out of this habit that I had a relationship with Him. I am now doing better with this, but only because I have been spending time getting to know Him all over again. I've said it several times: you cannot have a relationship with someone who you're not communicating with. It's easier said than done however. It's easier to get out of the habit than back into the habit. I want to bring to your attention Jude 1:20 - "But you, dear friends, by building you up in your most holy faith, and praying in the Holy Spirit.." So how important is prayer? Let's find out.


What does prayer do?


  •  It brings you the promises of God.

  1. Take note - We are not to ask with the wrong motives (James 4:3).
  2. (James 5:13-15, John 14:13-14, Ephesians 1:13, Acts 2:38, Matthew 13:11)

  •      It brings us into the presence of God.

  1. When we call someone up on the phone we enter into their presence through conversing with them.
  2. (Psalm 145:18, Luke 6:12, Exodus 3:14)

  •   It brings us the wisdom of God.

  1. (James 1:5, 1 Corinthians 2:13, 1 John 4:1, Proverbs 17:27, Acts 16:25)

Does God answer all of our prayers?


    God answers every single one of our prayers, but not always in the way we want him to. Sometimes the things we ask are not beneficial to us, beneficial to others, or line up with the will of God.


What are God's answers?


  • Yes. (Prayer moves the heart of God; prayer with the right motive that is.)
  • No. (Like I stated above not everything that we pray is in the will of God. He knows best.)
  • Wait. (Sometimes our timing is off. Scratch that. A lot of the time our timing is off. When it is God's timing things will go smoothly. You won't have to push to make things happen and you won't have to pull anyone or anything on your own bandwagon.)

    I hope that this will help you get back on your knees and talk to our Heavenly Father. He yearns to have intimacy with you and me. I don't want to see believers rise up, but lower themselves in humility to the Father's teachings; because it is only then when we can rise up with the right heart and focus. If you would like to tell me all about how you're doing with this or if you simply need prayer for anything you are welcome to e-mail me at: confessionsofachurchkid@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment