Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Synthetic Love

Synthetic Love

By: Elaina Grace Morgan

It was the summer of 2000 whatever when I was wrapped in a blanket of synthetic love.
I had known that real love was wrapped in swaddling clothes..lying in a manger.
But this kind of blanket birthed a stranger to it.
I didn't see that this blanket was fabricated
By lies and manipulation,

Dedicated constantly to seeing me come to the end of my rope,
Dedicated to pushing and shoving me so that I'd lose all of my hope..
Even if it meant tattooing a name on me - hypocrite.
Yet the next day supposedly God's grace was sufficient,
And it really only applied to it..
In every relationship.

I became weak.
I heard of intoxicating love,
But I was intoxicated by drugs at the end of the week.
So much pressure on every side of me that somehow freedom was too far off,
Because I had forgotten my worth
With every single abusive word.

It was not too long after being freed from that
That synthetic love decided to come back in a new form.
It wrapped me up again,
Reminiscing wanting to play pretend.
It really took God uncovering all that He needed to mend
For me not to think and feel obligated..

To bend over backwards to please synthetic love,
That real love
Hanging up on that cross,
Rich in mercy
Made me fearfully..
Intricately.


No comments:

Post a Comment